Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our 45,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
- Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services
- Generated 2017 revenues of approximately $7.7 billion
- Publicly trades common stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX). More in Investor Relations
- Ranks as a component of the S&P 500
- Touches the lives of 30 percent of American adults each year
- Serves about half of the physicians and hospitals in the U.S
- Engages workforce of about 45,000 employees dedicated to putting patients first every day
- Operates more than 2,200 patient service centers
A medical and scientific staff of more than 650 M.D.s and Ph.D.s
Logistics capabilities, that include approximately 3,700 courier vehicles and 23 aircraft that collectively make tens of thousands of stops daily
- Offers physicians a test menu that is industry leading in breadth and innovation. Our test menu ranges from routine biological tests to complex and specialized molecular and gene-based testing as well as anatomic pathology
- Provides a broad range of solutions for employers, including workplace drug testing for employers and government agencies; the Blueprint for Wellness employee wellness service; and risk assessment services for the life insurance industry
- Publishes original research in peer reviewed publications, at medical and scientific conferences, and as a public service. Quest Diagnostics Health Trends reports examine trends in diseases based on the company’s United States database. Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index (DTI) reports examine trends in workplace drug testing, and have been considered a benchmark for U.S. workforce drug positivity trends since 1988
- Named to Fortune Magazine's 2018 "World's Most Admired Companies" list in the Health Care industry category of "Pharmacy and Other Services" for the third consecutive year
- Quest Diagnostics is ranked 366 on FORTUNE® Magazine's 2017 Fortune 500® list
- Ranked 1,061 on the Forbes Global 2000 for 2017
- Ranked 277 in the “Barron’s 500” ranking of top-performing large companies for 2017
- Named a member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World and North America indexes since 2004 (DJSI World) and 2005 (DJSI North America). The Dow Jones Sustainability World Index represents the top 10% of the leading sustainability companies out of the biggest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index
- Quest Diagnostics earned a place on the annual Newsweek Green Rankings, for the fourth consecutive year, placing 57 on the 2017 U.S. list
- Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
- Achieved Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our important actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
- Received a rating of 100 from the Human Rights Compassion Foundation on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, earning the distinction of being a "Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality."
Read more about awards and honors.
- Diagnostics information services
- Clinical trials
- Healthcare IT
- Wellness & risk management
- Drug Screening
Read more about products and services.
- Headquarters in the U.S.: 500 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
Approximately 2,200 patient locations and dozens of clinical laboratories throughout the U.S.
In addition to the U.S., Quest Diagnostics operates clinical laboratories in laboratory facilities in Gurgaon, India; Heston, England; Mexico City, Mexico; and San Juan, Puerto Rico
Read more about our locations.